After a long weekend of another round of Teach Training and a quick weekend trip to St. Louis for a bridal shower, I’m always so thankful for stocking up on healthy snacks. If you’re hungry, I’m normally the person to go to because I always have snacks packed in my purse, gym bag, pockets, car, desk drawers, and every other nook and cranny.
For me, the most important element I look for in snacks is sugar. If there is a high amount of grams of sugar in anything, I’ll normally avoid it. This is because if I am going to splurge on sugar, it’s going to be a delicious dessert, not added grams throughout my day when it can easily be avoided. For the most part, I’m focused on added sugar and not so much the natural sugars you’ll find in fruits, so I will indulge in plenty of fruit throughout my day.
Here are a few of my current favorites:
- Protein Bars: My favorite brand is ONE and you can find these at most grocery stores.
- LARA Bars: I’m obsessed with the Lemon or Coconut Cream Pie flavors.
- Pretzel Thins
- Fresh Fruit
- Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, apples, watermelon
- String Cheese
- 2 Good Greek Yogurt
- Dove Dark Chocolate
- Sliced Cucumbers w/ Homemade Ranch
- Hummus with veggies or Pretzel Thins
- Beanitos Tortilla Chips and fresh homemade salsa or guacamole
What are your current favorite snacks? I’m always mixing my daily eating habits around so I’ll share again in a few weeks new ideas 🙂